Memory Foam Matress

I have a king size memory foam matress,6in thick that I want to cut down to a single,any suggestions of the best wat to do this? John Gifford
On 13/06/2017 22:13, Giffo wrote:

Electric carving knife?
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

On 13/06/2017 22:23, alan_m wrote:

A few techniques shown in Youtube videos
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

alan_m wrote:

    +1
On 13/06/2017 22:13, Giffo wrote:

Is it just a block of foam? Decent mattresses aren't just a block of foam and aren't easy to just cut down to size.

Can you do that> Won't it just join itself up again?
--
*I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

:)
On 6/13/2017 5:13 PM, Giffo wrote:

I've used an electric carving knife for cutting foam to shape when reupholstering - it worked well for that (never worked well for carving, though).
On 13/06/2017 22:13, Giffo wrote:

Same as you would cut another other slab of foam though it is harder to well the bigger it gets.
Support it evenly and find a long straight edge like a plank.
Then all you need is a long sharp knife and a steady hand. May be problems if there are any springs or wadding in there too.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Straight edge and one of those full size 'snappy blade' craft knives, initially partially and then fully extended as you cut though.
Cheers, T i m
On Tuesday, 13 June 2017 22:12:58 UTC+1, Giffo wrote:

I've not cut memory foam. Ordinary furniture foam cuts well if you place it on something so that it bends a bit at the cut line. Then each cut opens up.
NT