Gap in UPVC window

I've got a UPVC window that has a significant gap - see photos at:

It's a wedge-shaped gap top left as seen on the photos and the bottom left side of the window rubs just slightly.

If it was a door on a kitchen unit I'd adjust the hinge at the bottom right to push the top left up but is there any scope for adjustment of that sort on UPVC window hinges?

Reply to
Murmansk

Don't think there'll be any scope for adjustment on the opener.

Could be the glazing unit wasn't "heeled & toed" properly when fitted and has put weight on the non-hinge side.

Is the rest of the frame straight and square, or has it bent out of shape? Maybe you could add some packing under the left side of the whole frame and rack it back into shape ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes, square the frame if it is out of square and can be moved. If it is the opening window that is out of square, remove the beading and pack the corners of the double glazing unit to lift the plastic square and then refit the beading.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker