Subject Author Posted Replies

Nice use for alarm cable
Found this one today whilst fixing some motorized gates. at one end and at the other end. And this is a general mishmash shot of what I had to work on I am sure there is a technical term for doing...
44
44

G4 in Cooker Hood
Anyone replaced the G4 based lights in a SMEG Cooker hood with LEDs?
20
20

Where to buy a slim 17mm spanner?
I'm after a very slim 17mm spanner. That's slim jaws, my standard thickness spanners are 6.5mm thick, I need something about 4.5mm thick to get into a narrow gap. Can anyone suggest a brand/type that...
14
14

Decomposition of sodium hypochlorite bleach as it dries out?
I've been looking around for information about the decomposition of bleach sprayed (from a "plant misting" bottle) on tiles & grout, in order to find out whether, after it dries, I still need to rinse...
7
7

Stannah stair lift removal
OK, I have already done this the hard way, just a few weeks ago to decorate the stairs. Then I disconnected the rail from the brackets and lifted the two rail sections (straight run up the stairs)...
22
22

Perhaps this is the real fusion breakthrough...
That prompted the desperate press release by a rival research outfit... Imagine how many nuclear fusion researchers would lose their jobs if they ever DID achieve a working reactor...
24
24

Outdoor photocell connected to outlets
I have an outdoor photocell that's hooked to 4 gfci outdoor outlets (makes them work dusk to dawn) put Xmas lights up everything all good until while sitting here tonight the llights went out about 30...
7
7

OT: Pen drive database?
Hi all, I've had a Google but can't see anything but does anyone know of a PC program that could (does?) automatically collate a searchable database of the contents of various pen drives? Ideally, it...
4
4

Charles vac is dead
My Numatic Charles wet and dry vac, which hasn't had much use, suddenly stopped working today and gave off a burning smell. Now when I operate the switch it'll run for about a quarter of a second....
15
15

New for old light switch
I have a 2 gang light switch I am replacing. On the old one it has: Com, 1 way 2, way, The new one Com, L1, L2 Am I correct in assuming the 1 way = L1 and 2 way = L2
7
7

17VDC PSU FOR NOTEBOOK
Rod Speed's idea in action. http://bit.ly/2hwqCH3
23
23

Archer's paradox.
Interesting stuff! Tweet ⇒ http://bit.ly/ParadoxTWT ⇐ Post to FB⇒ http://bit.ly/ArchersParadoxFB Patreon Support Link: http://bit.ly/1HUIm6b Want to get Dad a nice Razor? http://www.harrys.com/...
40
40

It is starting all over again!!!
The new LED External Floodlights are attracting new people to having external lighting. Unfortunately they seem to get fitted by people who think that the centre of the beam should point to the...
5
5

Network Dymo label printer?
Hi All, A couple of mates have the stand alone Dymo label printers and seeing how useful they can be (keeping stuff organised / marked up etc) I fancied one. Daughter would probably also make use of...
43
43

Car/bike electrical connector suppliers
I keep needing to buy a variety of car/motorbike electrical connectors - the kind of N-way crimp connectors used for wiring up auxiliary circuits, often with weirdly shaped plastic housings....
15
15