Subject Author Posted Replies

PLEASE HELP
I need you help and opinions! I am writing my thesis for a paint manufactur er that wants to expand its business to the UK. Therefore, I need to questi on over 300 UK citizens. Could you please help...
2
2

RIP King Coal
Gridwatch showing 0.00% for coal as of 0820 Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
6
6

Help with painting
It's a legit site, but as you say he is going about it the wrong way. Surveymonkey is reasoably well known.
4
4

Screwfix special offers
or I bought 2 of the first link. Now for some unexplained reason I was the ONLY customer in Screwfix and was able to talk to the staff. And the jolly fellow selling me my Sharpies said "that extra 99...
3
3

opinions on electronic board.
Asus notepad. Stopped working doesnt work with battery or mains. Bought new battery it turned on then straight off again, battery could be flat. I opened the mains charger and it looks bad.I connected...
14
14

OT: What is this insect?
Found this insect in my house, any ideas? Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
11
11

Hard disk drive motors/actuators
What drives the main motor of a hard disk drive? Is it a constant DC voltage, or is there some more complex control? And for the arm that moves the heads, actuated via a voice coil, what sort of input...
39
39

kew 17a2k pressure gauge not working
kew 17a2k pressure gauge not working would like to buy new one but crazy expensive . Does anyone make an equivalent that fits, please
1
1

New case for car remote key fob
Daughter has a Renault Clio and the thin membrane over the buttons has eventually fallen away exposing the small buttons on the PCB. I have ordered a replacement case for ?2.50. Surely there will be...
5
5

Aluminium Dexion
I have a few feet of aluminium angle out in the garage which has been drilled and slotted the same way as normal Dexion. I could use several feet more of it. Steel would be useless. Dexion's catalogue...
3
3

Heating stuff
I was quite impressed with a little job I saw the other day which had used cold-lay tarmac and would like to replicate this on a few patches I have. Talking to the blokey who did it, he said the...
13
13

Suggestions for hoist remote control?
I am developing an attic space for storage and plan to add an electric hoist with which to raise heavier items. I will have a loft ladder for personal access but I don't want to climb it carrying say...
27
27

OT: worldwide worm
The Register has this well covered for those that are interested in more than political capital. 74 countries hit by NSA-powered WannaCrypt ransomware backdoor: Emergency fixes emitted by Microsoft...
174
174

OT/Nostalgia: BBC Micro, homebuilt hacks
I thought my own rig with mods was hacky, but this fellow took it to a whole another level! My old BBC Micro system - mikeselectricstuff Some 8-bit archaeology!
7
7

Induction heating
Has anyone here tried one of these? If I bought one would it just be yet another thing for SWMBO to moan about? With my Jeep Grand Cherokee ( been in the garage again for the last 3 days), when it had...
4
4