Cottage electrical problem

Volex Unit looks fine but no upstairs sockets are working.

Notsohandymum

Volex Unit looks fine but no upstairs sockets are working.

Notsohandymum

You'll need to give some more information. That picture doesn't show the relevant bits of the consumer unit - I can see the main switch and two 6A MCBs, which probably feed the lights. The sockets will be on a

32A MCB (or possibly 20A). There's also an RCD somewhere based on the warning label at the top of the picture - has that tripped?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Humphrey

More crap from home owners hub

This time absolutely no link to the original posting and a completely broken image link. [quote] Template Error: set_root: /themes//templates/ is not a directory. Halted. [/quote]

Reply to
alan_m

Assuming they worked ok before, almost anything in the chain may be faulty. MCB, RCD, wire fallen out in CU, wire come out of socket or junction box.

Plugging a socket tester into upstairs sockets may tell you/us something. If you're able to work on electrics some I'd apply a multimeter to see where you do & don't have power in the circuit.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Well in this case it appears to be an original post, and not something dredged up fro 15 years ago, and the image link worked for me.

Reply to
John Rumm

Try turning the MCB for the circuit off and then back on again...Its not unknown for circuit breakers to look like they are "closed" when they are actually still open.

Reply to
John Rumm

Whoever wrote that portal needs to be replaced I think! Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Well bugger me backwards witha a frozen peasant.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher