table lamp with two lights one outside and one inside body ,if one litghts up the other one is dim

These lamps are from japan old one lamp was easy to fix. The other dims I was wondering if it is the wattage of the bulbs I am running the cord thru one sock to the other exactly thin sequence?

Reply to
Renee Adair

replying to Renee Adair, Iggy wrote: Yep, if you've successfully daisy-chained a socket you could have a permanent dimming of the other socket's bulb. However, I would think that would only apply to Incandescent and Halogen bulbs and not to CFL's nor LED's. Since, I haven't ever experienced the effect with the low wattage bulb types with their circuitry and transformers or ballasts.

Reply to
Iggy

You don't give us much to go on.

What are the wattages of the bulbs. How are they wired? Post a drawing of the circuit to an image hosting site and reply with the url so we can see.

Sock means socket? What does "exactly thin sequence" mean? And why are your two lamps connected?

Reply to
micky

What does daisy chaining mean? Series? Parallel? The bulbs should be wired in parallel, in which case the repair should not cause any dimming. This is a repair of a simple lamp right? Not some screwball science experiment?

Of course we;ll never know, this is likely one of those one hit wonders from HomeMoanersHub.

However, I would think that would only

Reply to
trader_4

replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote: Yep, Series. Though, Parallel's easier anyway. But, she may have just been copying what was there. Or, the sockets may have just had screws and no wires to sort of lend themselves to be wired in Series.

Reply to
Iggy

What moron would rewire a table lamp with two bulbs so that they are in series as part of a "repair"?

Though, Parallel's easier anyway. But, she may have just been

When is the last time you've seen a table lamp that had bulbs in series? I've never seen one, for obvious reasons.

Or, the sockets may have just had screws and no wires

More nonsense.

Reply to
trader_4
Re: table lamp with two lights one outside and one inside body ,if one litghts up the other one is dim open original image
Re: table lamp with two lights one outside and one inside body ,if one litghts up the other one is dim open original image
Re: table lamp with two lights one outside and one inside body ,if one litghts up the other one is dim open original image

replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote: It's highly plausible that someone else re-wired the lamp long before her and might be the reason they got rid of the lamp for her to end up with it.

The *most* common Lamp Sockets are just screws. Overwhelmingly, *only* hardwired light fixtures use wired sockets.

Iggy