Subject Author Posted Replies

Roof insulation: Cold call from firm that sprays closed-cell foam between roof rafters.
G'day! Today, I had a cold sales call from a company offering to spray closed-cell (polyurethane?) foam between my roof rafters. I thought I'd run this past you folks, because a lot of you understand...
15
15

OT: Windpower real numbers
Interesting article in the current edition of The Spectator: We urgently need to stop the ecological posturing and invest in gas and nuclear
7
7

Cutting into wall-mounted CH copper pipe ?
SO following the sage advice here, fitting an external expansion vessel seems to be the way to go. Seems they need to be plumbed into the CH return pipe ? On my boiler, this is a larger (1" ?) copper...
32
32

Dead flat light work table?
Hi, Real man's DIY question here... I don't have a proper workshop (yet), but I need to start making stuff for the house. I have a shed that can take an 8x4' sheet on its side for storage, just to...
42
42

Old tools
Been working on a little project recently which involved a lot of 10mm holes in wood, for coach bolts. Rather than flatten my cordless drill battery, I dig out my ancient B&D mains powered drill,...
109
109

LLoyds shares
since they're going on sale, anybody know where you can buy some at the opening price ? Googling "Lloyds shares" returns pages of results all leading to Lloyds share-dealing services. Which is not...
17
17

OT: chuckle territory
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/Matt%20homepage/Matt%20-%20May/1705-MATT-PORTAL-WEB-P1-small.png...
2
2

Post Supports
I am contemplating building a small freestanding pergola, and considering the fixing method. I want to avoid potential rot, so have discounted directly concreting in the uprights. The last time I...
7
7

Resticking wallpaper
I have a few places where wallpaper is slightly unsticking, and access is a bit tricky. It occurs to me that some form of syringe with a largish bore needle might serve to introduce a little PVA to...
8
8

Programmable c/h room thermostat, with adjustable hysteresis / dead zone?
HI Folks As per the subject - does such a thing exist? (Tried Googling - massive amount of hits .....) Situation is - ground-source heat-pump to conventional radiators, which all works well....
9
9

Re: Seems the EU doesn't like vaping.........
Give the babies their dummy ...... The ‘Vaping Crackdown’ starts today. This is what you need to know • The Register
1
1

disability newsgroup?
Is there a UK one that is actually live and active? Bill
6
6

Supascrews and Twinqwik screws
Some years ago, Supascrews were introduced, and mixed packs were sold, complete with cross head driver. Yellow plastic tray, with clear flip up lid. Anyway, the name seemed to disappear, although...
30
30

Failed expansion tank - possible cheat ?
Given the faff it is to replace the expansion tank in a CH boiler, what are the drawbacks of just leaving a head of air in the highest radiator as a temporary fix ?
7
7

New boiler
Getting a new boiler installed - GasSafe - what documentation do I need, given that I may need to sell the property in the next year or two?
10
10