Where do people buy sensible jeans?

I mean stuff that looks OK,. is tough and doesnt fall to pieces or go streaky in te wash, and last ten years ...like all the jeans that are now either too small :( or wearing out...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher laid this down on his screen :

Pete Zahut

Commie revolutionaries wear jeans, thought you more a check trousers & waistcoat sort ...

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

I don't think any do now.

Tesco or Asda, about £4 a pair, and chuck 'em out when worn through.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No, they don't.

thought you more a check trousers &

Shows how little YOU know.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

lol, forgot about the red necks...

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Years ago I purchased a pair of jeans when travelling in the Colonies. Somewhere in California IIRC.

They were Levi 505's and I thought they were great but discovered when home they were virtually unobtainable in the UK.

Today there seems to be a thriving eBay market in jeans and all my purchases since have been Levi 505 for ~£25 off eBay.

Reply to
Vortex12

Just for a start...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Trouble is a lot of this shit is made in far east sweat shops to crap quality died with blue or black ink and just has a levi patch sewn on and is dire quality.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Valid point.

Just checked. I have 4 pairs and it seems manufactured in 4 different places: Vietnam; El Salvador; Egypt and Colombia.

They are all the same size and I have no complaints about quality.

I'll be sticking with 505's. Not ready for "stretch slacks" just yet.

Reply to
Vortex12

Buy work clothes that haven't become fashionable.

Reply to
Max Demian

I gave up on jeans several decades ago when they started wearing out too quickly, especially around the knees.

They also aren't particularly good in wet weather as they hold the water and are slow to dry. Not recommended for hill walking and the like.

So I wear modern performance clothing because it lasts and is quick to wash and dry.

I suppose the work trousers with the padded knees are the nearest that I have to jeans these days. Just taken off my pair of Scruffs (look away from the screen) and they are 65% Polyester 35% Cotton. I assume that you are looking for old style 100% cotton jeans?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Yes, 505s. Bought in a sale at Macy's in San José or somewhere. Silly price over here. My other ones are department store own brand, and aren't lasting as well.

Actually I'm going over next month... must get some more!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

A lot of genuine (not fake) name brand American clothing is deliberately sold in the UK by the brand owners in inferior and lighter quality. Partly because of the different climate between New York and London I expect.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Denim short shirts in a brothel?

Reply to
ARW

Me too. Also, I began to find the material too hot and thick for the environment in which I wore them.

Same here. I wear that stuff pretty well all the time (except on accasionas when I wear a suit), and have done since the 1980s. It was what I wore to work.

My Rohan Bags (and other stuff) dry really quickly and have plenty of pockets, too!

Reply to
Bob Eager

What's wrong with shorts? We don't live in Antarctica.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

M&S cords in winter, and Cotton Traders chinos or M&S shorts in summer. I have a 35" leg so choice is limited.Lands End stuff is good but I don't like the cut of their jeans,

Reply to
stuart noble

M&S? Snob!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Do they do jeans with a nice elasticated waist for one of your age and shape?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)