You won't see a newspaper article like this nowadays

Ottavio Caruso

Am 12/03/2024 um 10:43 schrieb Ottavio Caruso:

I forgot there are people here who can't read past pictures:

" “The Italians have a sense of humour,” said a shopkeeper. “They laugh when they can’t think of the right word for something. But the coloured people they think you’re laughing at them”. "

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Not so sure. Reform party and GBNews are movingb that way

Reply to
Jim the Geordie

Let me guess? "Coming over 'ere, making our bricks, selling ice-cream"

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes, just like those Peruvian bears that came over here and ate our marmalade sandwiches.

Reply to
mm0fmf

...producing three-chord rock bands...

Francis Rossi is a member of the ice-cream family.

Reply to
Joe

Am 12/03/2024 um 12:11 schrieb Jim the Geordie:

What way?

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

No Italians, no Irish, no blacks, no dogs.

Reply to
alan_m

Right

Reply to
Jim the Geordie

But probably ok with the religion of peace.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Is that the one that invaded Spain and southern France?

Reply to
charles

Am 12/03/2024 um 16:15 schrieb charles:

And the whole of England? Yes, that one.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

"And those Beaker people? ... coming over 'ere, with their ... drinking vessels..."

Reply to
Jon Nicoll

What did the Romans ever do for us?

Reply to
Bob Martin

I don't think the Romans were welcomed with open arms! The same applies to the Vikings and Normans.

Would there still be an active resistance in the UK if Germany had won WW2 and had occupied us?

Many of the conflicts taking place now, and in the fairly recent past, have roots based on the history of those countries in the past 100 years.

Reply to
alan_m

You're right. We shouldn't be apologising for the British slave trade till the Italians (as Romans) apologise for what they did all those years ago.

Never mind the Normans.....

Reply to
mm0fmf

It did occur to me when we joined the EEC that our new 'partners' were almost all countries with which we had been at war in relatively recent times...

Reply to
Joe

Got you stinking animals to have more than one bath a year, whether you needed it or not.

Reply to
Rod Speed

And aren't any more

Reply to
Rod Speed

and the Vikings. They ran the biggest, in Europe, slave market in Dublin.

Reply to
charles