Wood fixed to concrete

Replacing wood fence panels that fell apart very quickly (due to rubbish horizontal battens) i'm now wishing to use metal mesh panels.

There are already good concrete vertical posts in place. So to staple the metal mesh to the concrete posts i wish to attach some wood to the posts. What would be the *Easiest* way to do this please? Would a good adhesive be the way to go? Also all the big building suppliers do metal mesh panels. Without going round and seeing them all its difficult to see which are good and are the best value for money.... any advice gratefully received. Thanks

Reply to
john west

Buy a roll of sufficiently thick galvanized wire and just tie it to the post.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

I have seen ?professionals? attach things to concrete posts by drilling and screwing, but there are risks especially with old weathered posts and if the post is damaged you then have a real big job to replace it. This company produce post clamps that enable things to attached without disturbing the post in any way. They are a bit on the pricey side for what they are but for peace of mind I think they may be worth it in the long run.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

+1

And I'd consider using them to attach /metal/ uprights drilled to take tensioning wires so the panels can be fixed in the usual way.

Reply to
Robin

If the posts have the rectangular holes normally used to hold the ends of arris rails, I?d place two vertical bits of treated wood to form a sandwich and run a bolt through each hole.

Reply to
Brian