Guttering fixing for concrete garage

The snow from a few weeks ago has bent the brackets which attach the guttering supports to the concrete panel garage - here is a photo of one in a dropbox folder

My googling hasn't found the right keywords to search - any hints?

Cheers!

Mast

Reply to
larkim

ering supports to the concrete panel garage - here is a photo of one in a d ropbox folder

It looks easy to take off, why don't you do so and straighten it?

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Because it ( well, more of them) only has one bolt through it, and I reckon they have been badly weakened by the bending they have suffered already.

Matt

Reply to
larkim

On Saturday 27 April 2013 19:52 larkim wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Put a gutterboard up and use those studs to fix it. I reckon if you take all the clips off, present the plank, hit it with a hammer over each stud to leave an impression.

Remove, drill, fit. Those clips look like they'd be quite happy screwing to a bit of wood.

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

attach the guttering supports to the concrete panel garage - here is a photo of one in a dropbox folder

Replace each bracket with a block of treated wood.

Reply to
Eric

Good suggestion in principle, but I'm struggling to see how I would attach the wood to the concrete panel garage - the bolt which goes through the exi sting bracket is also purposed for supporting the metal roof trusses inside the garage, and that wouldn't be long enough (knowing how much is spare on the other side) to go through a block of wood and then the wall panels.

Matt

Reply to
larkim

On Monday 29 April 2013 10:03 larkim wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Longer bolt? If you do them one at a time, it should not be too hard. Or ar the welded inside?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Not welded no. Longer bolt is do-able I suppose, just was hoping to do a straight like for like swap. If the bracket is a non-standard part then I suppose finding a new appropriate coach bolt might be easiest option.

Cheers!

Matt

Reply to
larkim

I'd take one of and hit it 'wiv an 'ammer against an anvil of some sort. They look reasonably substantial with fairly ductile bending. I doubt they will work harden enough to be a problem.

Failing that the full length gutter board. looks like you have enough for a 1/2" to 3/4" thick bit of treated timber.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

My thoughts exactly. They should straighten with ease.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike