Bifold garage doors

I have a 7 section (3 + 4) wooden bifold garage door running on Henderson track. The doors are 1969 vintage and are past their sell-by date. My ideal would be to replace the wooden sections with UPVC which had been suitably insulated. I've looked at no end of garage door firms and window firms but nobody is willing to help. Has anyone any ideas on where i could get these from? Thanks, Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

You could replace the doors with an up and over door, which you if you wanted could be opened and closed by a motor.

Reply to
Michael Chare

The edges of uVPC doors tend not to be flat. There have groove etc to accommodate the locking mechanism etc, often a flange like arrangement to seal against draughts. They are fabricated from off the shelf sections etc.

I suspect you need doors with simple, flat, edges / sides.

The companies probably aren?t set up to make them.

Have you considered a roller door? We had one fitted some years bad and find it excellent.

Reply to
Brian

door goes up...door goes down...door goes up.....

Reply to
Just Jim Dandy

Have you considered suppliers of upvc porch components?

I had a *customer sized* porch made and delivered from a firm at Bury St. Edmunds.

There must be many other similar outfits.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I couldn't. I don't have the headroom and it is too wide.

Reply to
Lawrence

I dont have the headroom and i don't want one on the outside.

Reply to
Lawrence

Are the doors rotting or are the track+rollers+hinges worn ?.

If the former, then finding a person who does carpentry and makes bespoke DG timber doors and windows might be an option.

Reply to
Andrew

The track is fine. I had one leaf repaired a few years ago but the rest are on their way out. I was hoping to be able to replace them with upvc. The wooden ones are very heavy and have lots of nooks and crannies so are a plg to paint (black frames and white panels).

Reply to
Lawrence