wireless charging?

New 2020 Renault Zoe R110 ZE 50 5 Door Auto from £189.99 inc VAT a month!!! NO DEPOSIT from £244.99 inc VAT a Month!!! Standard specification includes wireless charging,

wireless charging how does that work ...or do they just mean for your silly phone? ....

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

My VW Golf R has wireless charging for the phone

Reply to
jon

Wireless charging the most useless inefficient way to charge a batter. To start with you have to make a power oscillator running at a high frequency as 50 hz is very inefficient induction wise without a metal core as its just a transformer after all. The higher the frequency the smaller the transformer. Look inside a modern wall wart. However all this conversion and conversion back to dc in the phone is a loss of efficiency as is the coupling itself, often needing to be very precise. If its that close to work use a bloody plug! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Have a listen to this audio.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Brian Gaff (Sofa) was thinking very hard :

I don't have one, but I can see the point of them. Constant wear and tear on the charge socket of the phone, plus easy to just drop onto a charging surface.

I now use a magnetic plug and socket. You just hold the phones charge socket close to the plug and they pull together to make charging contact, no wear and reasonably quick to connect.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.