Drayton Valves - How can these be the same item?

Hi Guys

Just looking at replacing my Drayton TRVs and have a ridiculous range of prices for what appears to be the same item(s).

So £21 to £35 - maybe £21 = chinese copy????

Reply to
thescullster

Ive found this supplier reliable and good value for TRV4s

As you say big price range. Occasionally pick up new surplus stock on eBay from private sellers cheaply.

Reply to
Robert

I doubt any one is making Chinese copy. Screwfix is owned B&Q who always were expensive. They have a network of stores. Usually you can pick up from store...

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

thescullster wrote on 24/08/2020 :

Unlikely, there are not the volume sales to make it worth while to forge them. Cost variation shows how little competition there is for a low sales volume. Higher sales volumes produce much more competitive pricing. I always spend a few days looking for such items, before committing, unless it is a distress purchase.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

I know myson valves come in different finishes (chrome vs nickel vs brass) could that be the difference?

Reply to
Andy Burns

More a case of supply and demand? With so many companies not back to full production due to Covid19 many items that were once relatively cheap have gone up in price as competing retailers are not getting any replacement stock.

I'm still waiting for something to come back down to pre-pandemic prices before replacing something I buy around once a year. Currently x2 the previous price but a few months ago x5 the previous price.

Reply to
alan_m

No shit Sherlock!

Reply to