Why do power drills have R and L?

Either you don't use it much or it's a very expensive drill, because I wear them out much quicker than that.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I've seen one make zero progress, but never reverse. Any footage on the net?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I used to have a watch with both. Except the analogue hands obscured the digital readout at certain times.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What do they do about the other 28 points?

Reply to
rbowman

I don't use it too often. I prefer a hand drill.

Reply to
rbowman

Not that I can find. Some clips of seagulls making negative distance but not landing.

I saw a raven playing in the wind breaking over a ridge like. He was gliding and would slowly lose altitude. When he got too close to the ground he'd flap his wings a few time to get about six feet high and go back to gliding. Sometime the R/C glider guys fly on that ridge but the raven could show them how it's done.

Reply to
rbowman

Other way round. 400kph+ Ravens are as rare as hen's teeth

The Natural Philosopher

Lesbian are you?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I find that if you have to use a breaker bar you're going to shear the socket bit anyway.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They're not intelligent enough to need those.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I find hand tools impossible. Firstly you need to have huge muscles. Secondly you can hold a power tool perfectly straight much more easily as you're not using your own effort to rotate it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Irish, useless and thick. Polish, hard working and just get on with things no matter how difficult the task.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

No, because I'm pushing it right and the drill goes left.

Many controls are ambiguous, for example

is off indicating it is already off, or that you push the switch to that position to be off?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

But what if I don't need precision? I can see in a fraction of a second by looking at my analogue clock that it's late afternoon. I can glance at the rev counter of my car and see how fast the engine is spinning. I don't want the precise number, I want to know how close it is to the red line.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I don't care what the screw does inside, that's irrelevant to the user. The point is the rotation should be consistent. More should always be to the right.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Only if you buy cheap tools. Anyway I lived near a Montgomery Wards distribution warehouse. If you broke something you took it back and got a new one. They never asked exactly how you stripped out a 1/2" ratchet.

Reply to
rbowman

some of us aren't soy boys.

Reply to
rbowman

thieving bastards ...couple of years ago I saw two being stopped trying to leave after puting their haul through self service tills without paying ...they indicated they would have to go and get their credit card as they had forgotten...followed them out laughing to ther polish sign written van then they drove off .... also had to evict thirteen of them living in an attic above a four storey tenement....paki landlord....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

hand drills are cool ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

never heard that before.....

According to Urban Dictionary, the term soy boy means: ?Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities. This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies.

sissies we call them ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...