White Gloss Veneer Trim (???)

Hello All

Just got back from OZ and have found that my tenants (amongst other things) have managed to pull an edging strip off one of my new kitchen base units. Anyone know where I can get some white gloss material in strip form that can be glued on?. I recall from somewhere that you can get iron on stuff but I may of imagined that!

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

============================ It's available from almost every place that sells 'Contiboard' - Wickes, B&Q etc. Buy a sharp trimming knife and fine sandpaper for finishing.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Cheers Cic

I found the product you mentioned, however I cant find anything other than 19mm wide or can it easily be trimmed to width? I need 18mm. The colour/sheen is not exactly right but it will do until I can source the real stuff from the kitchen company (wishfull thinking!!)

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

===================== The trim ('edging tape') is ironed on and trimmed to correct width once it's cooled down. Use a very sharp knife and use a downwards cutting motion to remove the excess. Sand lightly to finish.

There was a long thread here a few weeks ago about the 'correct' way to remove the excess and as usual there was no agreement on what is the correct method. Try what I've suggested and experiment to find what suits you best.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Great, I will give it a go.