A/C service panel access

hello,

wonder if someone knows what the material is called that seals a modern A/C-Heat Pump service access panel (to get to the coil and drip pan)

it's a black, soft, sticky, rubber-like material and there is a thin strip of it all along the edges of the inside of the service access panel.

reason I ask is that when I open the panel to clean the coil, the material is hard to keep from breaking despite a very careful handling of the panel and I would like to cleanly replace all of it each time I open the access panel.

can it be bought in bulk from somewhere online or the local HD or Lowes?

Reply to
penton

Mortite No Drip tape. Yes, at those stores, at least in my area.

Consider layering code-stamped aluminum duct tape on the cabinetry seams.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch