Which wall plug

On 10 Nov, 18:58, "The Medway Handyman"

Not for unconstrained squish onto the back of thin boards, no. Are they any good at it?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

What a wonderful technical term 'unconstrained squish'! :-) Love it.

If you mean 9mm plasterboard, then yes very strong fixing indeed. Never seen the back.

I tend to judge fixings by how well they pull the fixture to the wall. If screwing battens to PB walls with Uno's the screw will start to pull into the wood.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Dave, what are the different colours for? I see on SF website there are Red, Brown, Blue and Yellow.

Reply to
slider

slider wibbled on Wednesday 11 November 2009 09:59

Sizes. Does make picking the right one out of a random pile much easier.

Reply to
Tim W

Different sizes. Yellow 5mm, red 6mm, brown 7mm, blue don't know never used them.

80% of the time I use the red ones. The yellows are handy when fixing those annoying things that have two holes in close proximity. Browns for heavier duty.

They do a selection box

which is quite often on offer in the depots at half price.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman