Which plug?

I've just moved house and I don't know what type of wall plug I need to put a cabinet up(this one

last house was timber framed so I just used plasterboard plugs. This house has plasterboard over breeze blocks so I'm not sure which type of plug I need.

TIA

Angela

Reply to
Angela

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 07:02:26 +0100 someone who may be "Angela" wrote this:-

If there is no gap between the two would use long screws, wall plugs designed for solid walls and ensure that it was the breeze blocks that were taking most of the weight.

Reply to
David Hansen

I would use something like

they don't have a lip, you can push it through the plasterboard, so it it more fully into the wall, and use a suitably long screw - I son't know what mounting options there are with that cabinet, but assuming 12mm plasterboard,

10 mm airspace behing plasterboard and 5mm cabinet mounting thickness, that's 27mm before you get to the masonry, the plug is 60mm, making a total of 67mm (This is all approximate - I would be tempted to poke a bradawl or something through the plasterboard to see what the real depth is before masonry) so I would look at maybe 6mm * 90-100mm long screws
Reply to
Paul Matthews