Fitting cooker hood to wall - which plugs

External wall but approx 1" wooden battening with plasterboard attached.

I'm guessing plasterboard plugs would be no good because there is not enough gap between wall and plasterboard. i.e. if I inserted toggle (unless it was small one) then it wouldnt open up possibly because the end would be in solid brick. Or would it?

Whats best way to approach this?

Reply to
paulfoel

I just use frame fixings as long as required. Drill the hole, squirt in some dry wall fixing foam to give the plasterboard some support if needed. You could shove in some drywall adhesive if you want even firmer result.

You can also get some special fixings now, such as rigifix.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

These will fit and easily take the weight of a cooker hood.

Mike Clarke