where to get 48mm aluminium poles?

I'm looking for TV aerial type poles in 48mm aluminium - these are the thin-walled very light type. Rigging poles are too thick and heavy. It's easy to get 50mm poles, they're everywhere but I can't find any in 48mm. Thanks if you can help.

Reply to
tg

I doubt you'll be able to get that in small quantities. As you imply, ali scaff poles are 48.3 mm dia. x 4.47 mm wall (1 29/32 in. x 7 SWG). TV aerial masting used to be made in the same o/d but that seems to have become obsolete and it's sold as 2 in. x 14 or 16 SWG these days. Don't ask me why.

You could try a metals stock holder (someone like Smith's Metal Centres) who are usually happy to supply small quantities of stuff they have in stock. To have it made the MOQ would probably be at least half a tonne

- probably more than you need :-). Otherwise try the local aerial riggers to scrounge old masts they've taken down.

Reply to
Andy Wade