Where to buy a white, UPVC version of 4" x 1" timber (5M length for attaching roof guttering to)

Does anyone know where can I buy white, plastic version of 4" x 1" timber (5M length)?

I was going to use tanalized timber, but some of you recommended using UPVC.

All I can find is 10mm x 100mm UPVC facia. If all else fails, I suppose I could sandwich two lengths of this together with silicone sealant, but it seems like a bit of a lash-up.

Many thanks, JD

Reply to
wasaol

This is the stuff you want. You can also get 150mm and 200mm wide. There are special joining pieces that are virtually invisible behind the gutter. Also corners. Also stainless steel nails with matching plastic covered heads. Quick, light and easy to install, joints are covered by the joining pieces and don't have to be accurate. You can get white, brown and black colours. Most people go for the white, cheapest and easiest to get.

Reply to
harry

You'd have to buy the 6"x1" and cut it down to 4"

Reply to
Andy Burns

Are they solid? It doesn't actually say so. If they're hollow - with some form of internal honeycomb - cutting them down may not be such a good idea.

Reply to
Roger Mills

that's what I thought. Maybe there are solid ones out there somewhere. But I'm not convinced. They'd be several times the price.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

They're not going to be solid uPVC, more likely a PVC skin with a high density foam core, IME similar fascia boards cut, drill and plane very well, I've used the offcuts for making several mounting brackets.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Some are foam inside. Some are hollow with several cells to stiffen the structure up.

Reply to
harry