Who sells 39 1/4" X 13 1/4" roof shingles?

I have a standard 3 tab shingle roof. The other day I went up to replace one that had broke. Fortunately the previous owner did leave some spares, but now I'm down to 2 left. and I notice they are not a standard size, but rather 39 1/4" X 13 1/4". Are these sold at Lowes or HD, or am I going to have trouble finding these?

Reply to
Mikepier

Canuckistan? Sounds suspiciously like 1M vs. 3'.

Reply to
krw

Brands can and are produced in different manufacturing facilities for different areas. Some of these plants produce metric only shingles while others will only use english measurements. If the plant that normally supplies your area is shut down for an extended period or if a disaster has occurred in your area, it is likely that they where shipped in as a stop gap measure. Find a good, knowledgeable roofing supplier for the brand you need and take him the package for the shingles or if you don't have that just one of the shingles. It will probably be special order to get in but they are available

Reply to
NamPhong

Those are "metric" shingles. A meter is 39.5 inches, more or less.

Reply to
clare

Are you close to the Canadian border, maybe someone bought them in Canada and brought them back to the USA if they were cheaper due to Canadian dollar weakness?

Reply to
hrhofmann

Find a supplier, which sells IKO brand. Typically these are only sold through a true supply house. IIRC, the measurement used to be 39-3/8" x

13-1/4".

I'm sure a Google search will direct you to IKO.

Reply to
Chomper

I got some (don't recall the brand) in my local lumberyard back in the early 80s. I didnt' notie the size until years later.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K