Where can I buy a 5/8ths inch washer?

I need a couple of 5/8ths inch washers for my bath taps. I've tried Homebase & B&Q, a load of small local shops and a plumbers merchant but with no joy. Can anyone tell me what type of shop I should be trying - or where I can get one by phone / over the net?

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
Michael D

Screwfix do a tap washers pack - I bought one about 3 months ago and I seem to recall that it has 5/8ths washers in (amongst several other common types).

'll be spending the best part of 20 quid for the washers pack by the time you've paid postage.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

If hard to get; sandpaper down to size (a bit tedious but maybe less time than driving somewhere) a larger tap washer. OR: Make one out of one (or a few) layers of an old leather or plastic belt (the kind that holds up trousers). Terry.

Reply to
Terry