Where can i find a 2" Flush Pipe?

Dear All
I've just replaced my cracked toilet bowl with one i picked up from a salvage yard, but the existing flush pipe - 2 inches in diameter - is about 3" too short. I've tried all the local plumbers' merchants without any luck - everyone seems to be stocking 1.5" pipes nowadays. The last shop i tried told me i might have to replace my toilet and cistern just so i can fit a 1.5" plastic pipe!
The cistern is a low-level one, and the right-angled pipe is no longer than 20".
cheers
daljit
On 1 Jun 2004 07:07:35 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@mishnish.freeserve.co.uk (Daljit) wrote:

You could try Thomas Crapper (yes they really do exist)
http://www.thomas-crapper.com /
Otherwise, you could make one by buying a 50mm PVC solvent weld swept bend (not an elbow) and some solvent weld pipe.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

If you get stuck I have 2" diameter ABS pipe ... you can have for free, loads left after installing my central vac system.
Rick
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:08:18 +0000 (UTC), "Rick Hughes"

Is it good?
The C-vac system I mean....
Do you fit one outlet per room and have a long hose or ??
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Not used it in earnest yet ... but it is very powerful, I have 3 outlets on each floor, and one on the unit in the garage.
Plus a very useful 'vac pan' in the kitchen plinth - this look a bit like a letter box ... sweep the kitchen floor towards the flap, then touch the lever with your foot, it opens powers on C.Vac and whoosh .. it's gone ... great as all my ground floor is tiled.
If it is of interest the unit is a BEAM serenity plus.
As well as the standard hose pack & accessories, I bough the garage kit ... which is a 2nd hose and nozzles especially for garage & car.
Rick
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 18:59:45 +0000 (UTC), "Rick Hughes"

Ah yes. I have a similar thing on my workshop dust extraction system to pickup floor sweepings.

Sounds very good and does have the advantage of not needing to lug a cleaner around.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Not cheap ... but at 700 half the price of a Kirby, and much more powerful. Easy to put in a timber frame house during construction ... I worked in Canada a lot and all new builds have them as standard. So expect the same in UK ... in about 20 years !
Rick

They were the "in thing" when my parents bought their (still being built) house nearly 50 years ago. They had some friends who had one built in and were thinking about it, but their builder was not being very cooperative about modifications, so they didn't. Maybe there was some technical issue with those earlier systems, but within a few years they had all been abandoned for convensional vacuum cleaners. IIRC, those systems were made by Goblin. If you live in a late 1950's house, you might find it was built with such a system which has since been covered over.
--
Andrew Gabriel

writes:

powerful.
Depending on your house layout of course, it must be much cheaper to have two Dyson's in the house. One upstairs and one down. Far more flexible in many ways. All you need is a cupboard on each floor to store them, so no lugging up and down stairs. I can't a see a central unit performing better than a Dyson, although I like the kitchen letterbox sucker on the central units.
writes:

in
Sorry ... a CV is far better perfomer than a Dyson. (many tsets confirm this)
No vac to lug around only a very light hose, following your view ... you would also need a Dyson in the garage.
The systems are very powerful, don't recirculate the air .. so fumes gop out ... 2 Dysons can't do that. The power unit is in garage and therefore using vac is VERY quiet .. something a dyson isn't, it also gives machine tool pick up point.
Rick

Presumably you would put one in the space not occupied by part of the HW cylinder. A win-win situation...... :-)
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
writes:

in