Toilet flush tube Problem

Hi everyone,

I need help and advice on how to fix a problem I have with 2 of m toilets.

The tube between the tank and bowl appears to be 'disconnected' or no properly seated. When I try to flush, water gushes out at the rubbe cover at the point where the flush tube goes into the bowl.

Can someone please tell me what to do?

Thank

-- Jan

Reply to
Jan

look at

buy related parts such as tank to bowl gasket. sometimes it's easiest to buy all your tank parts and replace them according to the instructions. that way you get a fast fill, a full flush, and no leaks. in a 2 toilet house you will be practicing on the least used toilet and completing its repair first.

Reply to
buffalobill

Where are you located? This sounds like a wall-hung tank with a metallic tube (pipe) connecting the tank outlet to the bowl "spud".

If you're in UK, post to: UK.D-I-Y

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Where are you located? This sounds like a wall-hung tank with a metallic tube (pipe) connecting the tank outlet to the bowl "spud".

If you're in UK, post to: UK.D-I-Y

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

I am staying in Malaysia.

The pipe connecting the tank outlet to the bowl is not metallic but plastic. There is also a thick rubber glove-like cover which holds this pipe to the bowl. Most times, this rubber cover is 'pushed out' by the water pressue when I flush the toilet.

I hope this gives you a better picture of what the problem is.

I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Reply to
Jan

Hello dear. I hope you don't mind me jumping in here with my 2ps worth. I had exactly the same problem. My flush used to connect perfectly then my wall cistern cracked and I renewed with a temporary plastic one. This was lower and slimmer than the original and the outlet to the toilet was at a slightly different angle and from then on the rubber on the back of the toilet leaked or the pipe jumped out every time I flushed. I consulted a plumber who suggested I squirt sealant into the rubber and around the pipe but that didn't work. I think the cistern needed to come out from the wall more to get the right angle for the pipework to enter properly. In the end I gave up and put a jubilee clip on the rubber and pipe holding them together. There it has stayed for ten years, not very pretty but as the lid of the toilet is always up no one notices except the cleaner, and that's me. It really is about time I changed it, I was supposed to be having the modern type fitted but you know what it is always something else to do...

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Dear Mrs. Bonk,

Thanks for letting me know of your experience. For a while, I thought I was the only one with this problem. I do not know of anyone in my area who has encountered this.

My initial idea was to see whether anyone had tried dismantling the pipe from the bowl spud and then reconnect after replacing the faulty nuts and/or washers (if this was the problem in the first place). I will certainly try using the sealant and jubilee clip if I don't hear from anyone else.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Jan

I am wondering if your toilet is different to mine. I have no washers or nuts in the area you suggest. My flush pipe goes into the rear and is held by a rubber, despite renewing the rubber the pipe still jumped out or the rubber leaked,hence the jubilee clip. I suspect your pipe goes into some type of fitment on the toilet? If so my advice is probably worthless. Good luck with it anyway dear.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk