Where best to buy Worx (Rockwell) SoniCrafter multi tool

Where is the cheapest place to buy the Worx Sonicrafter multitool can anyone advise me???

Saw it on television on one of the advertising channels but cant remember which one (anyone know ????)

Think it may be cheaper to buy the full 72 piece kit because the tools are so expensive

does anyone sell the tools at discounted price?

Any help appreciated - was loking at the Fein Multimaster but the cheapest price I could get that was £174.00 for the kit which is too expensive for DIY as I am not sure if a multitool will come in handy?

anyone any experience of using thes multitools?

Pete

Reply to
peterx666

Worx AFAIK is available in argos/Homebase at around £80.

Check out the Bosch PMF 180 for around £65. Blades for the Bosch are available in larger B&Q stores, blades for the Worx are like hens teeth - not sure if they are interchangeable or not.

Incredibly useful for some jobs. Only downside is the cost of the blades.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I got the Aldi version reduced from =A340 to =A330. Having got it, you wonder how you managed without it. I've lifted floorboards neatly and with virtually no dust and used it to shape wood. There's a helpline number for replacement blades but I saw them cheaper on eBay anyway. Haven't bought any yet as, so far, the original is holding up well.

It seems Aldi have sourced it via Ferm.

I can upload a picture of the blade fixing holes if anyone's keeping track of compatibility.

I looked at the Worx but it's expensive compared even to the Bosch and blades/spares availability seems an unknown quantity.

Reply to
mike

That would be good Mike. I've got details of the Bosch & Fein.. Seems like a good thing to add to the DIY Wiki.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I just bought a set of blades from this ebay seller:

are US based - but ship the blades from the UK, so next day delivery and sensible postage costs.

They work out about £3/blade that way, and are machined to fit all the different tools it seems.

Reply to
John Rumm

I bought one for my dad the other day, and they do some things that no other tool can - he's a self employed handyman, and it's already made some jobs possible that would have been virtually impossible without causing major disruption.

I got him the Bosch by the way, and you can get blades in Focus if you're stuck - the flat blades are about £8, the semi-circular blade about £20

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Thanks for that, John.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Having read all the various 'gotchas' with the Fein clones I lashed out and got the real thing. And haven't regretted it. It does some jobs nothing else will do as easily. And appears to be built to last.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well volunteered that man! ;-)

(can you do some photos of the Bosch blade mounting? (I presume it has a couple of pins that locate in the peripheral holes on the blades))

Reply to
John Rumm

Mine's the original model (circular blade mount, came in a tin box), and over 5 years old now. Very well used, and absolutely no slackening off of performance.

I'm pleased there's alternatives to Fein's very expensive blades now. Bought a Bosch blade yesterday (B&Q), and found it absolutely the equal of Fein.

(Earlier that day, I found that an old wood-cutting blade (on its last legs anyway) will *not* stand up to cutting a tiny bit of cement board

- I literally wore it down so it looks like a scraper blade in a couple of minutes)

Reply to
dom

I also have the Fein, had it about 3 or 4 years. It's been heavily used and has been fine. Blades are fairly expensive, but not so bad if you buy bigger multi-packs from ebay etc. Sanding sheets especially cheaper if you buy the bulk boxes of them. I've used a friend's Bosch, found it loud, slow and in-efficient compared to the Fein.

Reply to
AlanD

Series of (about 8?) small holes around the main (M5-ish) mounting hole, same as older Fein apparently

Reply to
YAPH

I've got the cordless Li-Ion Bosh (nyaah, nyaah! :-)). Nice not to have to run from mains, especially when cutting water pipes or in odd spaces. I'm on my second though: something in the mechanism packed up on the first one so that it still made a noise but stoped vibrating the blade. Repaired once, packed up again, they replaced it ... so far so good ...

Miles Tools & Machinery & Rapid Electronics seem to be best prices for blades.

Reply to
YAPH

No smaller holes on the original Fein model (on blades or tool), just the single circular hole through which the bolt passes. It's necessary to do the bolt up quite tight to stop the blade slipping round.

Reply to
dom

Some of my original fein blades also had the sprocketed edge to the main hole - as used on later machines for registration.

The bosch blades have the holes, but I was wondering what on the machine engaged with these?

Looking at the design of the multi machine blades I bought, there must be a number of other registration mechanisms in play, since they have a relatively complex series of cut outs around the periphery of the main

10mm hole.
Reply to
John Rumm

Okey-dokey. Apologies that they're slightly soft focus but you get the idea.

Here's the Aldi style fixing. Four holes round a central 10mm hole (and four corresponding pins on the seat):

for reference, is what comes in the Aldi kit:

blades, various sanding pads and a (somewhat clumsy) add-on dust extraction adaptor. So far, though, the dust produced has been very localised and didn't require the adaptor.

This is the relevant page for Aldi's guarantee/spares/ service:

the blades have disappeared since I last looked but they were slightly more expensive than JR's ebay seller anyway.

This is the Ferm version (same fixings):

is a new Ferm version with keyless blade change:

's website if those direct links don't work:

entirely different version on Westfalia's website, with integrated extraction (although the instruction manual shows it uses the same 4-hole fixing configuration):

this is of help.

I eagerly await these and other data correlated into an Excel/ PowerPoint masterclass!

Reply to
mike

positions then?

type etc might be worth starting.

Might run to a table in the wiki ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Yeah, but now I'm trying to think of a situation where having the blade in the fourth, backward-facing position would be useful!

Reply to
mike

Cleaning under you nails?

Reply to