Worx Sonicrafter

What is the considered opinion on the Worx Sonicrafter ... all on-line reviews, rave about them , and only negative seemed to be availability & price of consumables. They are about half the price of the Fein unit.

Secondly anybody know where to get a deal on one .... all prices I find are same ... £119 incl the accessories.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

The Bosch PMF 180 is similar, has been around longer and is made by a manufacturer with a better reputation. Around £70.

I can't work out WORX market positioning - an unknown brand pricing itself at Bosch & Makita levels.

I love & hate my Bosch PMF180. There are some jobs where nothing else will do, but I only use mine as an absolutely desperate last resort because the blade prices are a 1000% rip off.

I'd use it a lot more if I could get the blades at a sensible price.

Absolutely stupid money for the blades - how they can ask that much without wearing a mask is beyond me.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I've also got the Bosch and I'd agree with TMD on it's usefulness. You can hunt on eBay for good deals with accessories on the Bosch (blades, sanders etc.) and make a huge saving against retail and wholesaler prices.

BigWallop

The quality of these is not bad:

of quid a pop...

Reply to
John Rumm

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D\

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D/

You have to be aware that these are quite likely to be nabbed by Customs and Excise and taxed - OK the import duty isn't all that high but the Post Office then slap another fee (around =A38 if I remember rightly) on top for collecting it from you.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

As I suggested a while ago look for the Faithfull blades, a search for:-

faithfull "multi tool" blade

in Google shopping brings up loads of hits for individual blades priced a £2 upwards. The blades in my Faithfull selection box seem to wear OK.

Reply to
tinnews

IIRC when I ordered mine, they were supplied next day from the UK...

Reply to
John Rumm

One job I have coming up is removing galvanized socket boxes (they will come out OK) they are fitted in brick wall. I then need to make the opening bigger to take slightly larger galvanized boxes ... (standard boxes don't suit the MK Edge sockets ... arrrgh!) this will need a couple of mm out of mortar bed ... and 'possibly' the brick. Which WORX/BOSCH/FEIN blade is most suited ?

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Looks very good (Amazon seems to be cheapest allowing for shipping), but says Fein and Einhell. Do they fit Bosch?

Reply to
Newshound

OOPS the reviews say they do, sorry! Set already ordered

Reply to
Newshound

I am tempted to say none. For a very slight enlargement of a hole, a carbide rasp "blade" would do it - but probably not quickly. A SDS drill with a chisel in it would be a better bet.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, they do, I have the Faithfull selection box and the blades fit my PMF180. Not all the adverts make it clear that the Faithfull blades fit the Bosch.

Reply to
tinnews

Just to follow up .... I did buy one of these.

I looked at the Bosch variant, and actually price was the same, the WORX is almost double the power, and what sealed it for me was the 'reviews' of the Bosch ..... loads of people have had motor failures, several on there 3rd or more unit. Although I have plenty of other Bosch tools -decided to pass on this one.

WORX due tomorrow ... bought it with the 39 piece accessories pack from ToolLine for £119

Reply to
Rick Hughes

None will help much. A drill will do better - but it takes time to make a neat job.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please let us know how your new toy performs. I saw the Worx on a TV channel that seems to do shopping stuff in the morning and was interested.

Reply to
PeterC

The Medway Handyman