Whats best for marking tiles for cutting

When doing this previously I would mark out the tile for cutting using whatever was at hand but mostly the line for cutting would wash off when using a wet tile cutter. What is best way to mark (a line) and with what? so it doesnt wash off easily.

Reply to
ss

Permanent Marker. You can buy them in WHS - Staedler or Sharpie with sharp points. Permanent is a slight misnomer - the ink can be removed using an alcohol based solvent - Meths or if you don't have any, Gin or Vodka :-)

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Chinagraph pencil. Quite hard to find.

Reply to
David Lang

Chinagraph pemcil. And it comes of easily when you want it to.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Suppose they might well be now. I've still got a stock from my tape editing days. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ok thanks just ordered one on ebay for £1.95 (red) that should allow marking for both white and black tiles.

ss

Argh, a Job I hated. In the end I used a very sharp pointy thing as this seemed to make less mess at the edges when cutting them. Horrible to see though, I was losing my sight at the time! Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

I used a Sharpie pen.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Nice to see Ms Wax has her own crayon ;-)

Reply to
Graham.

A bog standard pencil worked for me when I tiled a kitchen, utility room, storage room, bathroom, toilet and shower room.