Marking dark floor tiles for cutting

Using a wet saw, so won't see pencil marking, nor will white chalk work

- water from saw will wash chalk off. Only other thing I could think of was perhaps a tippex pen, though seems an expensive alternative??

Marking tiles would be no issue it they were all straight cuts, but some will need curves cut, i.e. using saw to 'nibble' tile to the curve (if that makes sense).

Any ideas?

many thanks

Irwin

Reply to
Irwin

I've always used a chinagraph pencil. I guess it's a bit like a crayon.

Reply to
Grumps

=============================== A CD marking pen might work. It will write on the tile and won't wash off too easily.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Stick masking tape on the tile and mark that. I do that with wood panels when I don't want to mark the wood.

Reply to
dcbwhaley

Chinagraph pencil or wax crayon.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Many thanks gents, certainly less expensive solutions than a tippex pen, bloodly tiles cost me a fortune anyway - that's what you get for letting the missus pick them!

Reply to
Irwin

chinagrah pencil - what was used before permanent pens came about. I had those handing around from Army map days .... but if you are stuck use a yellow wax crayon.

Reply to
Osprey

I've used a reed felt tip pen, or sometimes a blue one, on slate.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Use one of those yellow marker pens

Reply to
EricP

The message from "Osprey" contains these words:

WH Smiths used to sell chinagraphs. I used them as lot as a driving instructor - had diagrams in plastic display book and scribbled all over them as needed. Just don't leave them in the sun inside the car or the insides all run out.

Reply to
Guy King

Funnily enough I went to WH Smiths, couldn't find chinagraphs, nor crayons, but did find a semi-permanent liquid chalk pen!

Reply to
Irwin

Chinagraph pencils are the answer but they are hard to find. I buy online.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

My local small stationary shop had them last time I looked. Luckily I've got a stock from tape editing days. ;-) Including a super propelling one - but can't get re-fills.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Regular ones are used for marking out cancers on X-rays, so are eminently available.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard