What's the best flushing toilet in the UK

Tim S coughed up some electrons that declared:

Well, the good bog is a Twyford (but with so many models, it would be impossible to say if they are all good). I lied - that one is not close coupled (cistern boxed in) but is a low level flush. Hardly blokes, and when it does, a second flush usually clears.

Ah - but look: the crap (ha) bog isn't branded on the porcelain, but has a sticker on the cistern saying "Twyfords Bathrooms" which appears to be the same company. It is close coupled and blocks if a gnat has a crap in it.

So brand alone seems to be no guarantee.

I'm definately going for high or mid level flush on my next ones. For one thing, high lets me put the bog a few cm further back, and I'm certain that a decent rush of water can only make things better.

Ideally, in one case, I'd love to offset the cistern and put it to one side for visual reasons. Not sure how easy that is these days (they seem to come with a one section chromed pipe) - much easy in the old days with a big bit of bendy lead pipe.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Sorry if it has been mentioned before. Just come back from nearly a week away and don't have time to read 1000 posts.

We have a Topravit. Bought because it can be fitted over an old soil pipe without fixing it 6 inches from the wall. It has a really good flush but was not cheap.

Reply to
Invisible Man