What's the best flushing toilet in the UK

Searched Google and all the best toilets seem to be US based

e.g. Gerber Ultra Flush or Toto

Don't seem to be able to buy strong flushing toilets in the UK

Reply to
<Will>

Change of diet?

Reply to
Adrian C

Adrian C coughed up some electrons that declared:

It's a good question...

One of my bogs flushes well, the other is completely useless. Both close coupled.

I'll see if I can see who made then in daylight tomorrow.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

I guess all ours just manage to "meet the standards". Can't make anything better!

Reply to
John

Isn't the permitted volume of flush water the critical factor? mark

Reply to
mark

I suspect it's energy of flush.

The Japanese tests are far more stringent than ours.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

about 30 months ago I fitted a Vitral Layton for a neighbour then a month or so later a Vitra Richmond for myself.

A major criterion was a vertical back; dual flush also wanted.

Neither has been blocked and I can manage big 'uns and the neighbour has 2 teenage sons on beer etc.

The Layton is plainer and cheaper, but its 'throat' is smaller so a 3li flush is more effective.

The ceramic is of very good quality.

Reply to
PeterC

Could leave a Karcher in the bathroom - for those 'difficult' days.

(No - not an Angle Grinder!)

Reply to
John

Anyone else would mention angle grinders here but I'm too subtle for that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Loved it. :)

Reply to
Clot

Too much information.

errrrrr

Are these the type you need to break-up with your boot, first?

Reply to
brass monkey

Well the yankies are scared of splash back big time, so they have their crappers fill up with water so their butt nuggets dont have too far to drop, and they dont splash water onto their barking spiders (ok, i know it's really they dont know what a bog brush is for)

Hence their flushing systems work differently to ours, they seem to send a jet of water down the back of the S bend to start a vacuum that will suck the water and dookies out the pan, the water that comes in from the top is mainly to re-fill the pan again.

German bogs have that shelf to allow them to impress their mates with the size of the brown trout they just did, so when they are flushed the water pushes the bovril bullets off the shelf like a waterfall, their bogs used to be flushed directly from the mains too, no cistern, and their mains pressure is bloody high, so no chance of floaters.

Over here we just splash water around the rim, and hope it will push the monkeys tails round the bend as the water exits the pan, usually works unless the missus plonks those bloo loo things in the cistern, and the wrapper gets sucked up the syphon and blocks the water exit holes. then there's these people put those stupid hippo bags in the cistern to be green, and instead of one flush it takes 3 to send the mud shark out to sea.

Reply to
gazz

There are 3 criteria for me.

1 Sufficient flow to deal with floaters 2 The seat stays up and isn't a willy whacker 3 The flush is distributed well enough to deal with the splatter effect after a beer and curry session.

Rob

Reply to
Rob G

I've found beer has quite the opposite effect. May be only Young's Special, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

...drink Watney's and the world will fall out of your bottom.

Reply to
PeterC

I hate splash back. Even if the water is six feet below the seat a dollop of muck still hurtles right back up to the middle of the seat hole. However I have designed a hinged flap that completely stops splash back:

also stops those nasty things that lie in wait just under the edge of the seat ready to crawl on to your sensitive bits:
size 4 inches, with 12 inch legs)

P.S. this is a pit toilet. I have added a cistern to flush whatever may be left on the flap. And those cave wetas probably need a drink!

Reply to
Matty F

butt nuggets barking spiders dookies brown trout bovril bullets floaters. monkeys tails mud shark

Someones been reading Roger's Profanisaurus haven't they?

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ha Ha - Brilliant book :-)

Reply to
Franko

It is time that it went on the syllabus for English Literature IMHO.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Well i read VIZ, and the profanasauras in the back, what's worse i came up with those names for back door babies without needing to look any up,

Reply to
gazz