square expanding tube bolts

I got some trestles form screwfix to support scaffold boards. Sturdy enough, but they have no usable edge stops (the ones provided do not allow you to fit 3 scaffold boards between). I need to fix a metal plate or something to each end of the square tube that supports the boards. Tube inside dims are 22 to 23mm. I remembered some kind of square bolts that fit into the the tube ends and expand as you tighten them like a square rawl bolt. Anyone know where I can get such connectors ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Get some square steel bar that is the best fit you can get inside the tube. Cut a piece 60mm or so and drill along the length to just fit a rawl bolt in. Hacksaw lengthwise to make two similar pieces. Fit inside tube expanding with the rawlbolt.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

A length of threaded rod (full width of trestle) would probably serve the same purpose.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero