A TOTO Experience

Toto here too. Couldn't be more pleased.

Homeclick.com has free shipping on orders over $99.00 That's where I got mine.

Reply to
Craig Toth

I had to replace a toilet that was new with the house in 1970. After I searched net groups I decided to buy a TOTO--which I'd never heard of before. Internet sites that sell TOTO seemed to have two prices for the TOTO MS854114, which was the one-piece model I wanted-- and the prices were quite a bit apart. We live in a metropolitan area of

400,000 but finding TOTO locally was not easy. A big box store and a plumbing show room could special order the TOTO, but both quoted the higher price, which was pushing $500. After much searching I found that the locals didn't seem to know that MS854114 and MS854114S are the same shape, size, and color toilet, except that the "S" version has TOTO's G-Max Toilet Flushing System, and the model without the "S", the cheaper model, has power gravity flushing. I later found out that the plumbing supply showroom has a special deal with Kohler, and that company discourage dealers from ordering products outside the Kohler line. The box store sells a lot of toilets between $70 and $200 and of course fills out their inventory for volume sales in that price range. I bought MS854114 at a plumbing shop on the coast, 130 miles from home. We've used this TOTO model for about three weeks, and I am still astonished at the flushing action-- a complete and clean flush every time, with amazingly little water use. Inside, the tank is simplicity itself. Its one-piece bowl and tank are easy to clean, and this model --the "Ultimate Toilet" as the sticker on it said-- has a seat that won't slam down. Get it started on its way, and it lowers itself very slowly and quietly. In all, MS854114 is a gem. I had a concern about installing a low water-use toilet on a drain system designed for five gallon flushes, but I don't think I'll have a problem. A shower drain is up-line from the toilet, and the shower is used daily. TOTO's MS854114 could easily take this geographical market by storm if the company did even a little promoting. By the way, although TOTO is a Japanese company, it's the world's largest plumbing manufacturer, and most of the TOTO USA toilets sold in here are made in Atlanta, Georgia and to American specifications. Check their Q&A at
'stoilets?
Reply to
ggia

I too have a TOTO toilet and it is indeed a fine piece of work. It's an awkward subject discussing the quality of a toilet, but TOTO is indeed the best IMHO. I have the one-piece with the G-Max flush and would never install anything else.

- Robert

Reply to
American Mechanical

Sorry, but MY Toto experience is:

It's not in the way that you hold me It's not in the way you say you care It's not in the way you've been treating my friends It's not in the way that you'll stay till the end It's not in the way you look or the things that you say that you do

Hold the line Love isn't always on time

It's not in the words that you told me It's not in the way you say you're mine It's not in the way that you came back to me It's not in the way that your love set me free It's not in the way you look or the things that you say that you do

Hold the line Love isn't always on time

It's not in the words that you told me It's not in the way you say you're mine It's not in the way that you came back to me It's not in the way that your love set me free It's not in the way you look or the things that you say that you do

Hold the line Love isn't always on time

It's not in the way that you hold me It's not in the way that you make me feel You see It's all about the way you do the things you do The way you do it You've got to hold it Hold it

Hold the line Love isn't always on time

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Red wrote: SNIP! Oh, I can't even quote that song. That song sucks, right along with that band... Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom