What glue for mower seat cover to frame?

I need to re-glue the cover of our ride-on mower's seat to its metal frame. The cover is fairly standard cloth backed PVC (or similar) and it has to be pulled tight over the cushion to even reach the frame.
What sort of glue would work? Some sort of contact adhesive suggests itself at first but will that cope with the continuous sideways pull on the joint? What else might be better?
--
Chris Green
·

None.
Just wind gaffer tape round it. It's only a mower!
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 53rd day of Discord in the YOLD 3184
You soon get sticky bum syndrome this way however. I love the council solution, looks suitably rustic. Brian

Not really possible as the cover is concave if you see what I mean. I guess there's something holding the middle down somehow or maybe the whole thing is sort of moulded to aboout the right shape.

It is an old mower, though being a Kubota is still mowing away quite happily. It's actually still OK to sit on, it just offends my sensibilities! :-)
--
Chris Green
·

writes

I have seen replacement agricultural tractor seats offered through the trade press. Not hugely expensive for popular models. There may be something out there for mowers:-)

--
Tim Lamb

On Sunday, 6 May 2018 16:03:04 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:

You might have to just stop being sensible. I expect you could sew a new cover that slots on & extends under the seat for easy retention.
NT
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

That's not such a silly idea, I have suitable material and a sewing machine which I'm as familiar with as anyone else around here.
--
Chris Green
·

On 06/05/2018 12:31, Chris Green wrote:

Shoe Goo, but it may also need some help from mechanical crimps or similar