Where to get decent but inexpensive seat covers for an old 1998 Toyota 4Runner with bucket seats?

Where to get decent but inexpensive seat covers for an old 1998 Toyota

4Runner with bucket seats? Don't have a lot of money to waste. Don't want to experiment either as that would also be a waste.

Just want to buy an OK set for an OK price. Tan color.

Have you been happy with a decently priced set of seat covers? Where'd you get them?

I'm thinking Amazon but maybe O'Reilly or Autozone has them too? Have you been happy with those?

Reply to
Peter

Report back when you find some . My wife wants to get some for our '99 4Runner .

Reply to
Snag

Let's work together then. What color is yours? My seats are brown cloth.

People are VERY happy with these but they're three and four hundred bucks.

I'm looking for something around a hundred bucks for the two front buckets. Those 4Runner owners have too much money to spend on just the seat covers.

There must be something out there to cover the seats without needing to have "lumbar support" and "dual piping" and "racing logos" and "back pockets" as part of the seat cover.

One idea I saw somewhere though is "maybe" the two front bottom cushions can be swapped since the driver-side seat cushion always wears the most.

Do you know anything about that cushion swap?

Reply to
Peter

No , I don't know about the swap . I don't think the seats are in that bad of shape , but my wife ... Depending on the cost when I do decide to do something I may just have a shop recover mine . These "vintage" 4Runners are in demand - 99's with over 200k are going for $7,000 to $11,000 bucks in our part of the country . Which is a big part of the reason I just paid 4 grand to have a low mileage (50-65k) motor put in ours . Had a cracked head , I could have replaced both heads for around $3k but I'd still have a bottom end with over 347,000 miles ... now this SUV may outlive me !

Reply to
Snag

Fingerhut!

Only fooling. They were the most miserable creation known to man. Clear thick vinyl with imprinted stars they led to terminal diaper rash in the summer and a frozen ass in the winter. Not everything was peachy keen in the '50s.

Reply to
rbowman

My mother useta buy shit from Fingerhut ... 'nuff said .

Reply to
Snag

In the '70s we set up a turnkey melamine dinnerware operation in Morris MN for Fingerhut. In the winter. I'm used to winter, but son of a bitch. The upside was no mosquitoes.

Another plus was Jerry Koosman, the Mets pitcher, owned the Mets Lounge. He would work the bar and his wife handled the food. He's about the only 'famous' person I've run into and at least in the off season he was just a regular person. They had something called a Snowshoe -- a shot of whisky and a shot of peppermint schnapps. A few of those and you were ready to brave to 25 below weather.

Reply to
rbowman