Flame King 20 pound tank to one pound cylinder refillable kit

What do you think of this Flame King 1-lb Refillable Propane Cylinder and Refill Kit Item # WX2-706954 Mfg. Number: YSN1LBKT UPC: 899003000359

They seem to be the only people making it so they have a monopoly.

Is Flame King the only one making the refill kits? Is that a good price?

Reply to
Larry Wolff

There are plenty of kits that let you refill the 1 pound tanks you already have. Those 'kits' are just valves with enough pipe to go from the 20 pound to 1 pound tanks.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Bob F

I can see those from the other url that someone had posted just now.

I wonder why when I called Flame King, the lady said they were the only ones with the legal kits. She asked me if I was going to transport the refilled tanks and I said that I'd take them to the campground for sure.

She said that only Flame King kits were legal for transporting the propane.

The best price on the tanks alone that I can find so far are 18 bucks each! And you need at least two of those refillable one-pound tanks for a trip.

Larry Wolff

I saw something similar at harborfreight also, for about $18 but you also need two $18 refillable one pound tanks which is over $50.

Costco has a kit for about fifty dollars which includes thirty-five dollars of empty flameking refillable transportable one pound propane tanks.

So the stand and valves are only about fifteen dollars at Costco. Which seems like a good deal as most kits only have one refillable tank.
But Costco online is completely out of stock.

I called Costco who said that they have no idea when it will be back in stock and that they're only sold online - and not sold in the stores.

Does anyone here have experience for how long it usually takes Costco to get something back in stock that is on the site but out of stock?

The chat person said it could be from days to never so what I'm only asking you is what's your experience since you can't back order them at Costco.

Reply to
Larry Wolff

Mine doesn't even have a pipe , it's just an a-dapter . I chill the little one and make sure the supply tank is warm , usually get about

90-95% fill .
Reply to
Snag

Temu sells the one-piece adapter for $6. Yes, Chinese products and YRMV, but I've been happy with free and quick shipping and OK products.

Reply to
John Keiser

I bought 2 valves to do this a couple months ago for $8. They work fine. freeze the empty tank for a few hours, connect it and the big tank (upside down, unless you have a special big tank with bottom pickup), and open the valve. Maybe repeat once.

I just used old empty tanks I had saved, nothing special.

Reply to
Bob F