1/4-lb Empty Refillable Propane Cylinder Tank

I came across this: Flame King 1/4-lb Empty Refillable Propane Cylinder Tank, small propane lamps and lanterns - Reusable & Transportable - Safe and Legal Refill Option - UL1769 Listed Valve, Alloy Steel, 3.85oz, Green

micky

Thomas

Seems useful for a camp stove. Any recommendations for a light but usable camp stove for that propane?

Reply to
Peter

A tiny propane bottle may not be able to supply enough propane for a stove because it will quickly cool, dropping the pressure due to the high propane demand and the small surface area.

Reply to
Bob F

That's the adapter for refilling. It's the same adapter one would use to refill one of the 12" bottles from one of the much bigger tanks, so many people would already have one. No adapter needed for a torch head etc.

Also for sale, for 10 or 12 dollars, are adapters so you can use the 12" bottle that has the same threads as the one above but connect it to a grill, which has a different thread and usually uses the basketball sized tank. They push that for finishing your cooking when the big tank runs out of fuel, or for going camping and not bringing the big heavy tank. I don't know how long it would last.

I have a measuring tape on my big tank and if you pour water on it it shows the level, but you have to pour water so I never use it** -- don't even remember if the tank has to be in use when you do it. Now I have a second tank. I bought a strange tank at a junk yard for very little money, and the popular propane company around here, with stands at HomeDepot and even supermarkets let me use it to get a fresh, filled tank that actually fits the grill.

**Maybe I don't use it because I don't have it anymore because it was stuck to a tank that I traded in. I used to get it refilled but the place I went to closed or stopped doing it.
Reply to
micky