Weathershield paint on interiors

What about using weathershield exterior paint on interior window surrounds that are exposed to a lot of sun? Would the paint set properly and last longer than interior paint?

Reply to
Karen Grace

Depends on how much rain you are getting in your living room.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I looked into that years ago. Some outdoor paint is too toxic for indoor use.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Surely these days with all the good stuff being taken off the market by Elfin safety all paint available to the general public is safe to drink? :)

Reply to
alan_m

I know one thing, on the front of my house even outdoor gloss seems to crack in a couple of years no matter how well the preparation was. Maybe I should use a differentcolour to black. I thought of getting it all taken off and trying white instead. Does anyone know if its the black colour that makes it crack in the sun? As for indoors, what I need is a little pump to suck up the condensation on the window sill of my spare room.... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Karcher WV2 Premium 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner Thirty five quid from Argos The quick and easy way to streak-free windows, in a lightweight and compact package. This rechargeable handheld vac has a powerful battery that can clean up to 54 windows in just one charge, as well as mirrors, tiles, shower screens and even spills on floors and worktops.

Reply to
alan_m

+1

Most useful 'toy' I have bought for many years.

And you can use the collected distilled water for use in irons.

Reply to
Andrew