Waterproof temporary floor covering REPOSTED

Why don't you look on Google groups?

John.

Reply to
Bioboffin

Thank you to all who replied to my question below, posted 02/10/04. Unfortunately I cannot read any of the replies as I receive the following error:

Sorry, due to technical reasons this message is not yet visible. Please re-try in several minutes

I've had this problem before so have created another account. If anyone has any tips on how to fix this problem I'd be very appreciative. If the original responders could also repost their replies I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

Hello one and all. I am about to lay 3mm hardboard in our bathroom, which has old floorboards exposed now for about a year (I like to take my time on such jobs). This covering is in preparation for laying vinyl floor tiles on top. The problem is that my wife and I are very indecisive and so it may take several months more before we see any floor tiles we like. In the meantime I want to cover the old floorboards with hardboard. My only concern is what will happen to this covering if it gets wets - I've been looking for waterproof sealant type stuff to paint on the wood but with no success. I also don't want to make it harder or impossible to then fix the vinyl floor tiles (probably self adhesive ones...)

Any suggestions or advice very appreciated. Many thanks, Rupertb

----------------------------------------- Message sent by Excite Newsgroups.

darylbr

Or sign up to news.individual.net?

Reply to