Tips on removing tile cement from floorboards??

The previous owner tiled directly onto floorboards in the utility room! Bad idea. Obviously tiles ended up cracking, so I have removed said tiles but what should I do next? He laid tile cement on top of the floorboards - is there any easy way to get this off? At present I'm using a cold chisel and hammer, but this is a very slow laborious process. There must be a better idea out there, surely?? The intention is to retile, so I suppose I could lay waterproof hardboard directly onto the tile cement, but it obviously isn't level, though I guess it is more or less level as the tiles were level before I removed em.

Reply to
Mikeyboy

A lightweight electric breaker or SDS drill with a spade bit should make light work of it.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Buy a cheap electric plane.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

In message , Mikeyboy wrote

Shovel or garden spade

Reply to
Alan

Hammer. Wood bends, tile cement doesnt. And any upsticking cement that doesnt come of this way gets shattered and crushed anyway.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Get what you can off with an SDS chisel. Then belt sand off the rest.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle