warped and v old wooden doors - suggestions?

Hi there, It seems a shame to throw them away having replaced them with modern ones. They are all slightly warped and I believe they are as old as my house - circa 1924. Does anyone know if there is a demand for these kind of doors? JD

Reply to
jd

A stripping place may be happy to take them off you. But don't be surprised if they offer you nothing then price them at £200 each after stripping!

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Give them to freecycle setups or charities that deal with such. Alternatively make up suitable door frames of 6 x 1 with planted stops of 2 x 1 and sell them on eBay as ready hung and fitted.

Offer to machine the frame to suit the customer for a slightly large amount than their bid. Then just change the frame stock.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Get them stripped for around £10-15 each. Ebay them starting at £20 collection only.

I wouldn't bother with the stripping, which can open a can of worms eg. charring from previous stripping attempts etc.

Reply to
Stuart Noble