What to do with surplus double glazed patio doors?

I have three of these aluminium framed patio doors which were removed from my lounge and replaced with new ones. They are approx 1950mm x 1100mm, two were fixed panels the other was movable and has handles and little wheels under it. It seems a shame to scrap them, I believe them to be toughened glass and might be useful for constructing solar panels or wind shields for plants or the basis for a DIY green house or some other project. If anyone wants them they can have them for free but must collect. I live in North Shropshire. Don

http://www.freegle.org.uk /
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 68th day of Discord in the YOLD 3176

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Donwill

You'll find takers for them via freecycle or similar.
In an earlier contribution to this discussion, Donwill

As others have said, try Freecycle or Freegle (whichever flavour your local group happens to be).
Probably as well *not* to take them to the tip. I saw someone trying to dispose of some at a "Household Waste Collection Centre" down in Hampshire a couple of weeks ago, and the tip staff were refusing to accept them on the basis that they were industrial waste - not household! I don't know what the final outcome was - they were still arguing the toss when I left.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Make them into very narrow aquariums and get some very small tropical fish ! Simon.
On 21/05/10 14:47, sm_jamieson wrote:

Giant ant farm!
--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.