?wall-hung WC

SWMBO has decided that 'we' need to replace our existing WC with a wall-hung variety for our small downstairs cloakroom.155 x 135 cm overall dimensions. You 'sit' parallel to the long side. Lath & plaster walls all round The one I looked at (local builders merchant) comes with a couple of enormous brackets which I assume will fit into a breeze block arrangment to carry the weight.

Is it therefore cistern + Breezeblock to hold the brackets + diameter of soilpipe going through 90% to get to the subfloor + WC?

will there be room to get your knees in?

Reply to
p cooper

You'll need a "power bump" in the door, like on souped-up cars...

Reply to
Abdullah Eyles

If it was me I would chip off the lath and plaster and screw and glue a strong batten to the wall joists in order to fix the wall hung toilet frame to. It also fixes to the floor as well for stability. Normally the frames are only the depth of the soil pipe + a bit more for clearance (say 150mm)

Steve

Reply to
steve

Mty god, I misread that as a well hung WC, and hallucinated something so obscene I forebear from mentioning it...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I tend to misread "shopfitters" as "shoplifters". Whether they are well hung or not, I have no idea.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

If it was me I'd give her a funny look, and say, ok, let me know when you'll be doing it.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

For some expertise on wall hanging WCs: