raising WC

Hi all,

I want to raise the level of my WC pan by about 3" and move it forward by about 1", I've never dealt with a WC so I'm in the dark about what sort of connector pipe / fitting I need to allow this to happen. I'm in the UK, but if you can point me to products in the homedepot website or similar I should be able to locate similar over here.

TIA

Dave

Reply to
Snorkerz Ltd

Post to this group: uk.d-i-y

Helpful guys on there.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

There was this nice lady, who was a little old-fashioned. She was planning a week's vacation at a particular campground, but she wanted to make sure of the accommodations first. Utmost in her mind were toilet facilities, but she couldn't bring herself to write the word "toilet" in a letter. After considerable deliberation she settled on the term "bathroom commode", but when she wrote that down it still sounded too forward.

She rewrote the letter to the campground and referred to the bathroom commode as the "B.C." "Does the campground have its own B.C.?" is what she actually wrote.

The campground manager was baffled by the question, so he showed the letter around to several campers, but they couldn't decipher it either. Finally, the manager figured out that the lady must be referring to the local Baptist Church, so he sat down and wrote to her:

"Dear Madam, I regret very much the delay in answering your letter, but I now take pleasure in informing you that a B.C. is located thirty-five miles south of the campground and is capable of seating 150 people at one time. I admit it is quite a distance away if you are in the habit of going regularly, but no doubt you will be pleased to know that a great number of people take their lunches along and make a day of it. They usually arrive early and stay late.

The last time my wife and I went was six years ago and it was so crowded we had to stand up the whole time we were there. It might interest you to know that right now there is a supper planned to raise money to buy more seats. They're going to hold the supper in the basement of the B.C..

I would like to say it pains me very much not to be able to go more regularly, but it is surely for no lack of desire on my part. As we grow older, it seems to be more of an effort, particularly in cold weather. If you decide to come down to our campground, perhaps I could go with you the first time, sit with you, and introduce you to all the other folks. Remember, this is a friendly community!"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

The OP is from the UK. On that side of the pond, a toilet is called a "Water Closet". In the late 1800's, when indoor plumbing arrived, often a small closet was converted into a toilet. Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Reply to
Anthony Diodati