Help! : ceramic tiles for the kitchen

Hi all! Boy, do I need help!

My kitchen floor is concrete and is cracked and un-level.

I'm planning to tile using ceramic tiles.

Should I use underlayment? If I do, how do I secure it to the concrete floor?

Also, what can I do about the un-level floor?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
harrypotter

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (harrypotter) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

This article should give you a start.

lowspauld

Yes yes yes... Use underlayment and make sure it is level. You'll have nothing but problems if you do not.

Reply to
Dick Smyth

Hi, Would you please explain how I should secure the underlayment to my concrete floor? I know if I had a wood floor, I could just screw it down. Should I use glue?

Also, how would I get the floor level before the underlayment?

Thank you all!

Reply to
harrypotter