Joining WC flush pipes

Dear All, struggling to move a concealed cistern supplying wall mounted WC. We have realised it is necessary to move the concealed cistern along the wall relative to the WC pan, the intention is to have the cistern offset from the WC pan, rather than directly above as is usual.

To acheive this I was hoping to use two regular 38mm flush pipes joined using 1 1/2in plastic universal compression waste fittings to form the necessary 'dog-leg'. However have discovered this afternoon, to considerable frustration, that the 38mm flush pipes are marginally too small for the compression fittings - apparently intended for 40mm OD waste pipes.

So, any ideas from the wonderful world of UK.D-I-Y much appreciated. Specifically, do any of you have experience of joining flush pipes as described, or alternatively, can the flush pipe be fabricated from 1

1/2in waste pipe? If the later is possible does 1 1/2in waste fit satisfactorily into siphon outlet at the cistern end and inlet connector to WC.

TIA

Reply to
Martin Hind

I had a similar problem and could find no suitable coupler for two flush pipes. Try the websites though, like BES and Screwfix, perhaps I didn't look hard enough.

I eventually solved my problem by moving some piping so that the cistern could sit directly behind the toilet, concealed behind some T+G.

By the way, if it helps any, there's no requirement for your toilet to be central to a wall. You can move the centreline to within 12" of a wall if needs be. Both my toilets are configured like this and it is perfectly good, so if your cistern is offset, consider offsetting the toilet too.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy