Bath Store / back to the wall WC

Currently planning bathroom refurb and SWMBO wants a vanity unit with fitted basin and back to wall WC.

Has anyone any experience of using stuff from or dealing with Bath Store and are there any specific problems to watch out for when fitting WCs of this type?

-- rbel

Reply to
rbel

My bath, bog and basin is Bathstore and I'm very happy with the construction. Nice thing is you can go to the store and really examine stuff and either collect or have delivered.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I have fitted a WC like this. Not particularly difficult, but it does take much longer than a traditional close coupled jobbie. You basically install the steel frame and cistern. It fixes to the floor (two screws) and to the real wall via lengths of studding. You then build a stud wall in front of it. Tile etc, and then bolt the pan onto the wall so that it mates with the pipes etc you left sticking out of the wall.

You only then have access to the cistern in future via the oversized flush button that is usually fitted.

Reply to
John Rumm

We have four of these in Italy. Pozzi Ginori with Geberit tank and flush. As John says they take longer to fit than conventional - about three days each and a couple of days for tile adhesive and sealants to "go off". One suite is suspended which is IMO better for cleaning but less good if you have lardy fat-arse visitors.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Neighbours bought a (very expensive) shower tray from local Bathstore. Plumber opened the box to find it was a different size to the one ordered. Bathstore refused to accept return of item on the basis that box had been opened (!). Neighbours contacted head office who were completely uninterested as local store was a franchise. After three weeks of visiting the store and arguing with the manager they finally got the item they'd paid for.

There seem to be quite a lot of complaints of poor service in web reviews. Suggest you Google "Bathstore reviews" or "Bathstore franchise".

Reply to
mike