Wall mounted bath fillers

Just planning my long promised main bathroom refit.
Rather like the idea of those nice neat wall mounted bath filler panels you can can get. This sort of thing but cheaper http://www.boundarybathrooms.co.uk/Bathroom-Taps/Bath-Fillers/Bristan-Chill-Wall-Mounted-Bath-Filler.html
However, the wall they would be going on is a stud wall with the adjacent bedroom without a great deal of depth to play with (3 inches) and obviously no prospect of access from behind the valve for fitting and mtce unless I cut an access panel which I don't really want to do. I don't know how these things are fitted but I assume it might be similar to a flush shower mixer - so this sounds like a bad idea but it would be nice to have that confirmed!
I have a second plan which is to just stick a pipe/spout in that wall, and deck mounted panel valves on a bit of worktop I will end up with at one of the the bath OR on the front side of the bath.
PS - the problem is the bath which is going to be a whirlpool job so access around it is going to bad enough as it is.
TIA, Midge.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.