suitable bath panel material

Whats the best material for a bath panel cut to size from sheet. hardboard plywood mdf other? Want something that wont 'soak up' the water and warp too much. Thanks

Well ours is a veneered mdf, fairly high density with a routed pattern in it. It predates us and is stable (though only looks ok). Hardboard I wouldn't use, too flimsy and will blow when wet. Ply would be a good choice if you find some nice stuff (stay away from the Shed ply). You can dress it up without exposing the edge by sticking on some moulding.
Peter

kevin77 wrote:

We used 12 mm Ply then tiled flush with same as ones on wall - looks very neat n best of all cheap! Jon
kevin77 wrote:

Mdf is fine providing it's well sealed before fixing.

We have a large bath (1800mm long) and none of the very few panels we found for it were any good - we wanted a panel that would go the full width if the room (bath is 8" narrower than the bathroom and fits neatly on the back wall!)
So I ended up with a couple of bits of MDF, primed and glossed and held in with mirror screws... I'm not 100 happy with it and know of a local (ish) place (Newton Abbot) who cut acrylic sheet to size - however, a bit of 5mm sheet is going to cost us 70, so maybe not thin month. (FWIW: Thats not farr off the price of a 1mm mounded plastic bath panel though)
Gordon
kevin77 wrote:

Aquapanel with tiles on top.
--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"
quisquiliae wrote:

A relative used something like that. It was around 25mm thick and specially made for bath panel use complete with fixings. It was nice but bloody expensive. I think he paid >£50 for the panel alone. I just use 12mm exterior ply and tile on top.